Project #3 - Scale

 

Project #3 - Scale

A Home Design


This is my idea for a 2 1/2 story timber frame surrounded in Hempcrete with poles from the property to support decks and roof extensions. 




Process



When Andy told us this weeks project I started thinking of making small things large. Then I realized that this was a great opportunity to start modeling one home designs that I have been playing with the last few years for my future home build. I have a long way to go, and I think this is a good beginning, to help me really understand the scale of the home I would want to build and about how it really looks once its built to this big home in a tiny scale. I still haven't learned any drafting skills so this is a great challenge for me.


I love curves in homes but straight walls are easier to work with so for this first design I stuck with straight walls and made myself happy with some circular shapes in the flat roof.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts