Project #2 Process Pictures : Maquette set of 2 exploring size, proportion and scale

 


Inspiration for this project was also found online at http://www.marinelife.ac.nz/species/720

In Project #1 I explored some shapes using a paper plate. I started this design for Project #2 with the "left over" cut outs from the Noni Tree project. I did have to cut into another paper plate to continue the pattern. Playing with texture on the first project made me want to build a starfish, so when this project came along with such freedom of choice, I decided to go ahead and indulge myself. I am from the Oregon Coast, so I have very positive feelings for the Starfish. I am having so much fun with this temporary masking tape, paper and cardboard method.


Creating working materials and gathering tools.


loving the texture of the bottom side of the star fish.


I am really having fun adding an organic tile texture to the top side of the starfish. So many little tiny tears of masking tape!!



Starting to really think about how this starfish is going to stand on one leg and be strong and stable.




Working on the base. So many strips of cardboard!! Trying to get some weight and some width. I combine lots and lots of strips of cardboard with lots and lots of masking tape. Kinda pretty, but it is going to be covered up! 



Still not finished with the 1 of 2, but it is pretty close! 2 of 2 is on the table next. 





Comments

  1. Another fantastic project! I can’t wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get them both done. My days are passing so quickly; with school, work and family, that I can barely keep up! But I love it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts